Authentic & Delicious
Dining & Drinks
Your Culinary experience
At Thatch Caye Resort, we know how important your dining experience is. We're on a private island, so you will be dining exclusively with us. We recommend our all-inclusive, island style package which includes three meals per day, snacks and local alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. We hire the best local chefs to ensure we have a wide variety of Belizean and international dishes. We cater to any dietary needs, just let us know when you book your trip what you require.
Your typical daily menu consists of one of a fresh cooked, made to order breakfast, a traditional Belizean lunch, afternoon snack and an authentic entree for dinner.
This is included with the purchase of any of our packages.
- Breakfast is served in the Coco Lounge from 7:00 – 8:30 a.m. and includes coffee or tea, fresh juice, fresh tropical fruits as well as items such as eggs, bacon, sausage, fried jacks, toast, and johnny cakes. Self-serve coffee will be available at 6:30 a.m.
- Lunch is served at The Grove from 12:30 -1:30 p.m. and is typically a light dish such as fish hoagies, wraps and watermelon soup, or a local rice and bean dish. Packed lunches are provided for guests on tours.
- Happy Hour and a light Afternoon Snack is served at the Starfish Bar between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Ceviche, Nachos, Hummus are all popular choices.
- Dinner is served at 7:00 p.m. All meals are authentic and made with local ingredients. Dinners typically include a seafood/meat option with vegetarian options upon request. Dinner is served community style in The Grove, under the sun or the stars, weather permitting.
- The Coco Lounge Bar will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and adjust if necessary, the Starfish Bar will be open from 1:00 p.m. until close.
If you have any food allergies or food preferences please let us know in advance so our cooks will be prepared and our island kitchen well stocked.
We serve meals in our breakfast room, covered dining area, or outside under the stars. Before and after dinner, join us for a drink at the bar. It is perfect for relaxing in the evening and enjoying a tropical drink or a locally brewed beer after a day of adventures.