"Open Sea, Open Sky, Open Heart"
6 nights, 7 days • October 13 - 19, 2019
Hosted by Melissa Katz and Tra Kirkpatrick
This Open Sea, Open Sky, Open Heart Yoga Retreat includes:
- 6 nights/7 days stay at Thatch Caye in an overwater bungalow or oceanfront cabana (first come, first served)
- Twice-daily yoga classes with Melissa and Tra
- Use of yoga equipment, including yoga mats and yoga blocks
- Group snorkel trip to the Belize Barrier Reef
- Three chef-prepared meals per day and afternoon snack (pescatarian, vegetarian and vegan options)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Roundtrip domestic flights between Belize City and Dangriga Airport
- Roundtrip boat transfer between Dangriga Airport and Thatch Caye
- Exclusive use of kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear, fishing poles and other non-motorized island toys
- Marine reserve access fee
- Taxes and gratuities
Pricing Per Person:
Shared room: $1999 per person, double occupancy
Private room: $2399 per person, single occupancy
Room categories are first come first serve and all rooms are the same cost.
Not included: International airfare, alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
Meet your hosts: Melissa Katz and Tra Kirkpatrick
Retreat Leader & Yoga Instructor - Melissa Katz, E-RYT 500
Melissa has been teaching yoga full-time since 2007 and has over 10,000 hours of experience leading yogis on their mats. Her classes can be challenging, but are delivered with a sense of humor that reminds us not to take ourselves too seriously. Melissa is the former Co-Director of the Southeast Yoga Conference, a position that she held for 12 years, and has been facilitating yoga retreats since 2013. She teaches in Atlanta, Georgia, the city she loves and in which she was born and raised.
Retreat Leader & Yoga Instructor - Tra Kirkpatrick, E-RYT 500
Led to yoga over 20 years ago during a time of Divine Discontent in her own life, Tra has been sharing yoga’s powers of healing and wholeness with others for well over a decade. As a certified yoga therapist and life coach, Tra’s work integrates yoga with positive psychology and behavior science to help empower people to recognize and shift patterns that can lead to imbalance and dysfunction. Tra is a founding partner for the Center for Integrative Yoga Studies and trains yoga teachers and yoga therapists throughout the southeast. Tra has been a contributing writer to Elephant Journal and Yoga Therapy Today and is a featured teacher on the international YogaMate website. As a lover of travel and exploration, Tra’s passion for her work and connecting to others has led her to amazing locations throughout the world leading yoga adventures and experiences. When not on the road teaching programs and leading international yoga retreats, Tra teaches weekly classes and sees private yoga therapy and Thai bodywork clients in Atlanta and Decatur, Georgia.